we moved. latest posts below:

10.14.2009

I am so freakin jealous I didn't think of being a stand up economist!

Apparently THE Stand up Economist.



And no, I wasn't smart enough to find him from his letter to the editor of The Economist:

SIR – Having used my PhD in economics as a stepping stone to the more reputable field of stand-up comedy, it would be easy for me to spend all my time mocking macroeconomists. Consider, for example, that the current head of the Congressional Budget Office co-wrote a paper a few years back titled “Can Financial Innovation Help to Explain the Reduced Volatility of Economic Activity?”.

Yoram Bauman
Seattle
I found him from his challenge to Obama's famous economist Austan Goolsbee.

Damn it! I wonder if the world is big enough for two stand up economists?